Friday, May 17, 2013

a lucky find (no, this isn't a book title)

I scored a few books at the dollar store today. I always wonder how good they can be if they've sunk so low as to find themselves on the back shelves of a dollar store, but, hey, they're only a dollar apiece, so I figure I haven't lost much on them.

I looked up some reviews on goodreads, and found that most of them got 3's and 4's.

The Last Will of Moira Leahy - by Therese Walsh
Hope's Boy - by Andrew Bridge
Box 21 - by Roslund and Hellstrom
Husband and Wife - by Leah Stewart

I got the next 2 because they were both about piano players (I play the piano). They both were rated a little lower, 2's and 3's.

The Leopard's Wife - by Paul Pickering
The Bradshaw Variations - by Rachel Cusk

The last one is an autobiography with an intriguing title. Sadly it has the lowest ratings, with mostly 2's. Still sounds intriguing, though.

Spent - Memoirs of a Shopping Addict - by Avis Cardella

So, these will be good additions to my summer vacation reading list...not too heavy, some mysteries, probably quick reads, and best of all, only $7 for the bunch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment