Monday, November 6, 2023

Time to resume

 I've read many many books since I last posted, but there never seemed to be enough time to write reviews.  Actually, there was probably plenty of time, but whenever I finished a book, I was so anxious to start another that I didn't take the time to write about the one that was done.  I'm not saying I'll change that habit, but maybe I will at least post occasionally about book related things.

I like to have physical copies of books, and I like to keep many of the books I've enjoyed on my shelves.  So, I buy most of my books rather than borrow them from the library.  Used books are my preference.  I buy mostly from Thrift Books, Abe Books, and Better World Books.  They have good prices, good sales, and low minimum for free shipping. When finished with the books I either shelve them (if they're shelf worthy) or pass them on to others who would enjoy them. 

By 'shelf worthy' I don't mean that I didn't like the book.  For instance, I really enjoy reading mysteries, spy novels, detective stories, etc., but, excellent though they may be for their genre, they are not what I'd call great novels, so I usually don't keep them.  There are some good writers in this category...David Baldacci, Jeffery Deaver, Sara Paretsky, Harlan Coben, Olen Steinhauer, John Sandford, Lee Child, to name a few.  I am happy to highly recommend their books and to pass them on to other readers.  

Another day I will write about some of the books I keep.



No comments:

Post a Comment